This is one of my favorites, the Dash Diet French Toast with fresh fruit.It can be made as a lite version, check out the Chef’s tips below.
¼ cup milk
1/8 cup seasonal favorite fruits
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
a dash of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of white sugar
3 slices of wheat bread
- Mix milk, egg, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Dip bread slices one by one in this mixture till mixture is absorbed.
- Cook these bread slices in a greased griddle over medium heat till golden on both sides. Serve immediately.
Chef’sTip to make a Lite version:
To make this recipe more healthful, add 2 egg yolks instead of 1 whole egg.
Light bread – Look for bread with about 45 calories and 2g fiber per slice — white, wheat… whatever you like best.
Nonstick spray – Mist it over your skillet to keep your stuff from sticking. You don’t need to use much.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Fat: 3 g
Carb: 27 g
Protein: 8 g
Sodium: 220 mg
Sweet Potato Toast
If you are looking for an alternative method of having your toast in the morning here is a sweet idea, try slicing up some sweet potatoes and putting them in the toaster and spreading a little goodness on them , here are some neat ideas.
Slice your Sweet Potatoes in vertical slices about 1/4 inch thick and toast them in your toaster on HIGH for approximately 2-4 minutes, if they still appear uncooked put them in again for another few minutes.
Sweet potato toast ideas:
- Peanut butter, banana and cinnamon (or almond butter)
- Almond butter, granola and hemp seeds
- Coconut Butter, almonds and cacao nibs
- Almond Butter; can also add some fresh blueberries or strawberries or banana
- Cream cheese and jam
- Apple slices, pumpkin seeds, cranberries and cinnamon with an almond butter spread.
Drizzle of maple syrup or honey; can also add cinnamon or a sprinkle of chia seeds.
For some savory Sweet Potato Toast Recipes