Breakfast Oatmeal Combo’s
There are many combinations you can make with your morning oatmeal jar. Use a mason jar as they are so easy to store in the fridge.
- 1 mason jar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup water or almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cups raisins
- 1/8 cup Goji berries
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1/4 cup raspberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup pistachios (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pour rolled oats and any additional fixings of choice into a mason jar. When ready to eat, add liquid of choice (milk or water can be added, depending on how thick you like it.).
- Cook the oats for 3 minutes: Bring the oats, water, and salt to a boil. Simmer for about 3 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Let the jars stand at room temperature, then refrigerate: Divide the oatmeal among the jars. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature for about an hour or until cool to the touch, then cap and refrigerate.
- Reheat the oatmeal in the microwave: Take the cap off one jar and stir up the oatmeal inside. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, or until quite hot. Add milk, raisins, or other mix-ins.