Breakfast Oatmeal Combo’s
There are many combinations you can make with your morning oatmeal jar. Use a mason jar as they are so easy to store in the fridge.
Opt for steel-cut oats and prepare them yourself. You’ll only take in a few milligrams of sodium, and you can combine the oats with other healthy ingredients, such as fresh fruit or raisins, here are some great combinations for you to try and enjoy.
- 1 mason jar
- 1/2 cup Steel Cut rolled oats
- 2/3 cup water or almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cups raisins
- 1/8 cup Goji berries
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1/4 cup raspberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup pistachios (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pour Steel Cut rolled oats and any additional fixings of choice into a mason jar. When ready to eat, add liquid of choice (milk or water can be added, depending on how thick you like it.).
- Cook the oats for 3 minutes: Bring the oats, water, and salt to a boil. Simmer for about 3 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Let the jars stand at room temperature, then refrigerate: Divide the oatmeal among the jars. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature for about an hour or until cool to the touch, then cap and refrigerate.
- Reheat the oatmeal in the microwave: Take the cap off one jar and stir up the oatmeal inside. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, or until quite hot. Add milk, raisins, or other mix-ins.