Tofu and Mushroom Scramble
This is the perfect Phase One Breakfast recipe, it’s difficult to find breakfast recipes without eggs in them and this is a great substitute.
Tofu doesn’t have much flavor to it, but is very high in protein and low in starch so it is allowed in Phase One of the Dash Diet and add some spices to it and it makes a very tasty treat.
- 4 large white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 a red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 package of extra-firm or pressed tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp each: cumin, chili powder, chia seeds pepper, garlic powder and turmeric, mixed with 3 tsp of water
- ½ ripe Avocado
- 2 finely chopped Spring Onions
- A little lemon or lime juice
Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
Add in the garlic, red onion, red pepper, grated carrot and mushrooms and cook until the onions and mushrooms start to soften, about 6 or 7 minutes. Add a little water if needed.
Add the crumbled tofu and spice mixture to the pan.
Stir well to mix it all up and cook until the tofu is heated through.
Serve in a bowl and add cut up avocado on top and sprinkle spring onions and some lemon or lime juice.