Black Bean Brownies
Fiber is such an important part of our daily diet and it is suggested we have 25 grams of fiber daily and this Black Bean Brownie recipe is a great way of getting some of your fiber in with a dessert. One cup of black beans contains 15 grams of your daily requirement.
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, drained, rinsed (1 15-ounce can)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave ( honey is fine)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2-2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pulse all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a food processor until completely smooth. Really blend well. (For texture, a food processor works best. A blender is fine if necessary.)
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut (yields about 9-12 squares). If they look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge overnight and they will firm up.