Dash Diet Chocolate Brownie
You can have Chocolate Brownies on your diet, here is a sugar free Dash Diet dessert recipe that is very tasty, and the ingredients in this brownie recipe make them a healthy dessert option . Give this lighter, healthier dessert a try to help avoid your sugar cravings. The sweet potatoes are a wonderful source of vitamins and also fiber
Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients like iron, magnesium, copper, potassium and zinc. It is proven to lower your risk of heart disease as it improves blood flow. Dark chocolate helps protect LDL against oxidation and also helps protect your skin against the sun.
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chestnut flour or almond flour
- 1 cup Apple Sauce
- 3/4 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseeds, hemp seeds, or chia seeds
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened soy, hemp, or almond milk
- 3 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp. tahini (hulled Sesame Seeds)
- 2 tbsp. natural cocoa powder
- 4-5 tablespoon of water to thin the icing
- For the brownie, preheat the oven to 350˚F. Mix together the cocoa powder and flour and then mix into the mashed sweet potato and apple sauce. Stir in cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, walnuts, seeds, and nondairy milk.
- Press dough into a lightly oiled 9 x 9-inch baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. The brownies will firm up after they have cooled.
- For the icing, process dates with a food processor until they form a paste, then add remaining ingredients. Spread on brownies after they have cooled. Cut into squares.This is a wonderful dessert recipe for diabetics.