Here is a wonderful healthy recipe Sesame Beef and Broccoli that makes even broccoli taste good, there is a secret ingredient that brings out the flavor in this recipe. You can make double this recipe and split it in two and place it in the freezer and then it is ready for another quick fix meal.
This delicious slow-cooker recipe is an easy and healthy way to make your dinner. Packed with protein and iron and low in calories, this meal will become a staple in your kitchen. Set this up two hours before dinner and come back to a filling and tasty meal.
Sesame Beef and Broccoli Ingredients
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon of Sesame seeds
- 4 cups broccoli
Sesame Beef and Broccoli Directions
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water.
- Put all of the ingredients in a bag, and place in fridge until you are ready to cook.
- Put all the contents of the bag in slow cooker set on high and cook for 2 hours.
- Serve on a bed of whole wheat rice or noodles.