When you want to cook a special treat for a friend and don’t want to spend too much time slaving over a hot stove try this Steak Diane, it is full of flavor and is so tender and juicy.
- 4 beef rib eye steaks (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Sprinkle steaks with ground black pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add green onion and mustard; cook 1 minute. Add steaks; cook 2-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches your desired tenderness.
- Remove steaks to a serving platter and keep warm. In same skillet, add lemon juice clove of garlic, Worcestershire sauce and butter; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley and chives. Serve with steaks. Cooks for 4.
Health Benefits of Steak
- Steak is rich in protein, Vitamin B ‘s (Vitamin B12 helps fight against cancer) and steak is loaded with iron- this helps carry oxygen to your lungs