Floridian Grilled Veggie Sandwich
1 small onion (sliced)
1 ½ tablespoons lite mayonnaise
¼ cup fat free cheese (crumbled)
½ cup red bell pepper (sliced)
1 clove of garlic
½ tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ zucchini (sliced)
½ yellow squash (sliced)
2 slices focaccia bread
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, and garlic in a bowl and keep in the fridge.
- Preheat the grill over high heat.
- Spray the vegetables with olive oil and grease the rack of the grill.
- Grill all the vegetables for 3-5 minutes. The peppers can take a bit longer. Take away from the grill and keep aside.
- Spread lite mayonnaise equally on bread slices, sprinkle feta cheese and put on the grill (cheese side up). Cover with a lid for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and layer with the vegetables.
- Open faced grilled sandwich is ready to serve.
Make this recipe more DASH friendly by serving with low fat yogurt and berries.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Fat: 14 g
Carb: 24 g
Protein: 7 g
Sodium: 490 mg