WILD TUNA PITA POCKETS
Wild Canned tuna is a good source of low-fat protein and provides many vitamins and minerals, including selenium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B-12 and niacin. Here it’s served with chopped vegetables in pita bread for a quick lunch.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweet butter lettuce
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) Wild Albacore Tuna
- 1/2 cup low-fat ranch dressing
- 3 whole-wheat pita pockets, cut in half
In a large bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes, celery, peppers, carrots, broccoli and onions. Toss to mix evenly.
In a small bowl, add the wild tuna and ranch dressing. Stir to mix well. Add the tuna mixture to the lettuce mixture and stir to combine. The Wild Albacore Tuna is pure albacore tuna caught with humane methods, and with nothing added. No preservatives, salt or chemicals. Non GMO. Tastes like pure tuna, but isn’t fishy.
Scoop 3/4 cup of the tuna salad into each pita pocket half and serve immediately.