The dark color of the Kalamata Olives are very nutritious and makes it a source of good source of nutrients. The Kalamata olives have the healthy fat in them, monounsaturated fats which have been proven to reduce your cholesterol and your chance of heart attack and strokes and they are an anti aging super food.
They are usually packed in brine, but you can buy low-salt versions if you want to lower the amount of sodium you’re taking in. But taking three to five Kalamata olives are only 45 calories
The dark Kalamata olive contains small amounts of Vitamin A , calcium, Iron and a high amount of fiber, Try Kalamata olives with feta cheese on a homemade Greek Salad.
- 1 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 c. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 c. feta cheese, diced
- 3 cups of bell pepper, red, green, yellow -sliced
- 3 large cucumbers, preferably seedless, peeled and sliced
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Kalamata Olives chopped
- 2 large red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all of the ingredients together in a stainless or non-reactive bowl, and toss together.
Allow to marinate 15 minutes.
Toss again before serving.
Serve on nicely arranged lettuce leaves.