Spicy Sockeye Salmon Poke Bowl
Sockeye Salmon from Alaska is one of my favorites, it is nutrient rich with omega-3 fatty acids that provide heart and brain benefits for a healthy boost. This recipe has a little spice, tang, sweetness and a whole lot of incredible seafood.
Sockeye Salmon Poke-
- 1 pound sockeye salmon cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium, or tamari
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or chili paste
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 2 6-inch cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes dried
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt or light mayonnaise
Sockeye Salmon Poke
- In a medium sized bowl combine diced salmon, soy sauce, vinegar, Sriracha and sesame oil. Cover and refrigerate.
- Mix together the vinegar, water, honey, salt and chili flakes in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling turn off heat, add cucumber slices and stir. Let rest 10 minutes, then transfer cucumber to a container, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl whisk together 2 tablespoons Sriracha and 2 tablespoons yogurt or mayonnaise.
Build Poke Bowl
- Add any additional desired ingredients to the bowl (like rice or salad) for the base. Top with ½ cup salmon poke, pickled cucumbers, and other toppings. Drizzle poke with Sriracha sauce. Enjoy!