The more color you have in your Dash Diet Rainbow Salad the more health benefits you have. Totally feel free to change it up or mix and match your favorite veggies.
This Dash Diet Rainbow Salad is super customizable
Here’s my rainbow salad color scheme:
- red bell peppers
- yellow beet
- broccoli stems
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium yellow beet
- 1 large broccoli stem (or small zucchini)
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup crispy chickpeas (or more!)
- Parsley, chili flakes + sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- juice 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 (15 oz) organic chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Drain and rinse the chickpeas and spread them out on a baking sheet. Pat them dry with a paper towel, removing and skins that came off the beans.
- Melt the coconut oil or just rub it between your hands and then rub it on the chickpeas. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chickpeas for 40 – 45 minutes until they’re crispy. To get your chickpeas super crispy, allow them to sit in the warm oven for 1 – 2 hours. Allow them to sit in the oven while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Spiralize the vegetables using your spiralizer, cutting them into smaller noodles and add them to a mixing bowl. Add quinoa and toss to combine.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour it over the noodles. Toss again to combine.
- Transfer to two bowls and top with chickpeas.
- Garnish and enjoy your Dash Diet Rainbow salad.