There are so many Dash Diet Salad Bar Options you can enjoy, some families have difficulty setting up the same salads day after day, and here are some of my favorites salad bar ingredients.
- 8 oz. mixed baby greens
- Sautéed Chicken Breast
- Spiced Baked Chickpeas
- Teriyaki Baked Tofu
- 1 cup nut mix, coarsely chopped, walnuts, almond
- 1/2 cup seeds, chia, flax, sesame
- 4 to 6 oz. crumbled cheese
- 4 to 6 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup tart cherries or cranberries, dried
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 1 large navel orange
- 2 mandarin oranges
- 1 Granny Smith apple
Provide bowls of the nuts.
Set out bowls of seeds.
Set out the various types of cheese.
Peel the navel orange and cut between membranes to separate into segments. Peel the mandarin oranges and separate into segments. Core and cut the apple into bite-size pieces. Set these fruits out with the others.
Let the diners serve themselves.
Here is a wonderful House Dressing to try with your Dash Diet Salad Bar.
House Family Dressing
Here is one of my favorite house dressings
1 tsps. Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Whisk the mustard and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Add the vinegar, maple syrup, tamari, chia seeds, and pepper and whisk well. Gradually whisk in the oil. Or combine all of the ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Stir in the chives. The dressing can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Whisk well before using.
This recipe makes 1 cup and it makes about 16 portions at only 82 calories per serving.
Lemon and Olive Oil Dressing
This simple dressing can help to jumpstart your weight loss. The citric acid that the lemon contains helps to hold food in your stomach longer, which prevents you from eating more later.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon herb ( cilantro)
Pour over wild salmon fillet, chicken or other favorite lean protein, broil for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of the protein.