Chicken Enchilada Soup
This is a classic crock pot meal and this DASH Diet Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe has only 368 per serving which is 1 and ½ cups.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups less sodium chicken broth
- 16 oz can tomato with Jalapenos
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (16 oz total)
- 1/4 cup shredded part skim cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth, tomato paste and Sriracha and bring to a boil. Add cilantro and remove from heat. Pour into crock pot.
Add the drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir. Add the chicken breasts; cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back into the soup, adjust with cumin and pepper to your taste.
Serve in bowls and top with cheese, avocado, scallions and cilantro.