Grilled Chili Lime Corn
This is a great way to cook your corn on the grill and only 78 calories per ear of corn.
6 ears corn
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened to room temp.
1 cube of Chicken or Vegetable stock
1/4 tsp chili powder
zest of one lime
- In a bowl, combine softened butter, chicken stock cube, chili powder and zest of one lime.
- Place butter mixture onto some plastic wrap. Then roll it up into a log form. Put it into the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat a grill to low-medium heat. Place ears of corn (unchecked) onto the grill. Don’t place them over direct a flame (to keep the husk from burning). Or, to make it easier, you can place some aluminum foil over the grates. This will keep down any possible flare ups.
- Close the lid and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Flip over and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Carefully remove the ears of corn (using tongs) from the grill and allow them to cool before handling.
- Carefully peel back the husks. The silks will easily be removed now that the corn is cooked.
- Rub the chili lime butter on each piece of corn.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley or cilantro (optional).