Hawaiian Flatbread Vegetarian Pizza
Make this tasty flatbread vegetable pizza packed with healthy ingredients. The taste of fresh tomatoes, paired with pineapple and fresh garlic, basil, olive oil, bell pepper, and mushrooms gives you a few servings of veggies, for a healthy lunch or dinner that’s packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
Pineapples are rich sources of bromelain which helps to ease the pain caused by inflammation.
- 1 multi-grain flatbread, round or rectangular
- 1/3 cup organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove fresh garlic, finely chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, reduced-fat
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 2″ slices
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place flatbread on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Spread crushed tomatoes on top of the bread. Sprinkle with chopped garlic and red pepper flake lightly. Sprinkle cheese, bell pepper, pineapple and mushrooms on top.
Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and ground pepper lightly.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or just until the cheese begins to bubble and turn golden around edges.
Remove and cool slightly.
Garnish with fresh chopped basil.