One Pot Quinoa and Vegetable Stew
Here is an all in one pot Quinoa and vegetable stew that is healthy and a hearty meal and the left over’s are great the nest day wrapped up in a muti grain tortilla.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 lb red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch piece
- ½ lb of Sweet potatoes cut into small cubes
- 1 cup prewashed white quinoa
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2 tomatoes, cored and chopped coarse
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, five to seven minutes. Stir in garlic, paprika, coriander, and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth and potatoes and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and simmer for eight minutes. Stir in corn and simmer until potatoes and quinoa are just tender, five to seven minutes. Stir in tomatoes and peas and cook until heated through, about two minutes.
- Off heat, season with pepper to taste (Stew can be refrigerated for up to two days; add additional broth as needed to loosen sauce when reheating). Sprinkle individual portions with feta cheese, avocado, and cilantro before serving.