Here is a Pumpkin spiced flavored roasted chickpea recipe that is vegan and gluten free and is the perfect snack on the go.
Chickpeas are a rich source of fiber which keeps us regular and also full of protein, it is one of the healthiest weight loss foods. This recipe is for 4 servings at only 110 calories per serving.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/3 cup pumpkin
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the pumpkin, maple syrup, and spices. Stir well.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the chickpeas and mix until everything is well coated.
- Spread the chickpeas onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, stopping every 15 minutes to shake the chickpeas around.
- Keep leftovers in an air tight container or a zip lock bag and take keep them in your bag as a ready to go snack when you get the munchies