Turmeric is a super spice, it has anti inflammatory and here is a great way to add turmeric into your daily diet, these DIY turmeric supplements contain black pepper and quercetin – two ingredients shown to improve the bioavailability of the curcumin that is found in turmeric. Here are two variations for turmeric bombs: one made with honey and one made with coconut oil or ghee. Ingredients
- 1/3 cup organic ground turmeric
- About 1 Tbs. quercetin powder (about 10 capsules, emptied),
- Big pinch of finely ground black pepper
Choose ONE of the following (you will need about 3 Tbs.)
- Raw honey
- Coconut oil,
- Grass fed ghee,
- Unbleached parchment paper,
- Line a baking sheet with the unbleached parchment paper. Make room in your freezer to put the cookie sheet for a few hours when the Turmeric Bombs need to set.
- Select one of the binding agents. You will need approximately 3 tablespoons. If you choose raw honey and it is thick, melt it in a saucepan over very low heat until it is pourable. Do the same with the coconut oil or ghee so it is liquid, but not hot.
- In a bowl, stir together the turmeric, quercetin, pepper, and binding agent. If using honey, you should have a thick and pliable mixture. If using oil, you should have a thick mixture with which you can form pills.
- For the honey variation, pinch of small amounts of the “dough,” roll between your palms, and place on the baking sheet. For the oil variation, use a spoon to scoop small pill shapes onto the baking sheet.
- Freeze until firm, then transfer to a storage container and keep in the freezer.
Turmeric and Honey Bomb
- 1/3 cup organic turmeric
- 3 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 5 drops black pepper essential oil
- 5 drops ginger essential oil
Turmeric’s flavor is bitter, astringent and pungent. Ground turmeric is an important ingredient to enhance the flavor of many curry powder and pastes. Turmeric adds a subtle flavor and color to vegetables, bean and rice dishes.